Welcome
Welcome to studiotomahawk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Wars of the Roses

Where the designs of new factions (official and homebrewed) and the forthcoming supplements are discussed

Re: Wars of the Roses

Postby Dickie » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:03 pm

With a normal save? Or a 4,5,6?
Dickie

Postby abikapi2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:30 pm

For me is correct... The explosion cause Shock in any case to the group. If he is safe, he can continue the game using his sword or dagger, otherwise... "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"
abikapi2

Postby abikapi2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:57 pm

I think I'll use normal safe, but 4,5,6 maybe correct too.
abikapi2

Postby janner » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Dickie wrote:Hey Janner!

I'm not certain of the amount of horses available either... I always got the impression that riding mounts were restricted to the higher classes, while working/cart horses were common enough on farms. But if you know a chap, by all means ask!

I think that the latest change to the Levy Billmen, with a raise in their Armour, will make them that little bit tougher.

Okay - it seems that many archers who signed up for indenture service in France would receive a horse and be paid 6d instead of the usual 4d a day. Mounts were less common in the Agincourt campaign due to the high mortality rate of mounts at Harfleur, but were a significant portion of the listed requirement in indentured units.

A. Ayton, Knights and Warhorses is apparently good on this but I haven't looked at it yet :oops:
janner

Postby abikapi2 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:39 am

Any Idea how to use Pikes or Long spears (very effective against mounted) used in some late WOTR battles, like Bosworth or Stoke?

Stefano
abikapi2

Postby hithero » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:30 pm

After seeing Warlord Games are releasing Macedonians in plastic I had a thought that maybe they could support S away instead of VS and SAGA being a skirmish game and we won't be having pike blocks, I can't see other benefits against cavalry being suitable.
Dave
hithero

Postby Dickie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:08 am

I was just thinking of pikes, as it turns out. At this scale, supporting at S would make perfect sense. French Levy, in the Late HYW, and Scots Levy throughout the period would use these, also. The French Ordonnance made them very common, probably up to what we would class as Warriors.

On the ratio issues, between Longbow and Melee Armed English Warriors, I have considered things, and thought that it is a little too restrictive for a skirmish game. I thought that perhaps you should just have to have at least one of each type?
Dickie

Postby Dickie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:00 am

There were some suggestions made, over on the "Saga of Ice and Fire" thread, regarding Pikes. The version I like is: Units armed with Pike can support from up to S, but they lose 1 Armour against shooting.

There was also some ideas on Crossbowmen, equipped with Pavises. Crossbowmen lose 1 Armour, to gain the shooting ability. If they are modelled with a Pavise, their armour remains the same, but the only move S, rather than M.

Any thoughts? I have been painting units up, and will start playtesting with the guys down at the local games shop soon. :D
Dickie

Postby Dickie » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:55 am

Hey all... Happy New Years!

These are what I believe are the Final Drafts of the French Faction, that I will be using for playtesting. If anyone else is having a bash, let me know what you think. I am focusing on the later part of the HYW, from 1415-1453. Handgunners were uncommon in both the French and the English armies of this period, so I have chosen not to add the rules at this stage. From my research it appears that the Armies of the Lowland Countries used handguns to a greater extent, so I'll thrash them out for them. They may be added to the Faction Rule for both the English and the French later, as up to one unit of Warriors.

I appreciate any, and all feedback!

Richard
Attachments
HYW French Faction Rules Draft 3.jpg
HYW French Faction Rules Draft 3.jpg (207.81 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
HYW French Battleboard Draft 2.jpg
HYW French Battleboard Draft 2.jpg (406.88 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
Dickie

Postby Dickie » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:01 am

And here is the English faction.
Attachments