Welcome
Welcome to studiotomahawk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

UK SAGA Grand Melee 7th & 8th June 2014

Where Saga and Muskets & Tomahawks events are announced and challenges are issued.

UK SAGA Grand Melee 7th & 8th June 2014

Postby Lord S of GB » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Hourrah! We are pleased to announce the dates for the first UK SAGA GRAND MELEE. It will be on the weekend of 7th & 8th June at the excellent Firestorm Games in Cardiff.

Two day tickets are available now from Firestorm Games http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/saga-uk ... melee-2014

Saturday Tickets http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/index.p ... t_id=16794
Sunday Tickets http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/index.p ... t_id=16795

Full details can be downloaded from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/201 ... 202014.pdf

Warband Roster sheets can be downloaded here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/197 ... 0Sheet.pdf

UPDATE 16th April
Since we last updated you, we have made a few changes to the GM Document so please re-download it. In summary though:

DARK AGES ONLY - We have changed the factions you can use to exclude those in the Crescent & Cross. This is because of the delays in the production of the book which mean that people will not have had sufficient time to play with, or against, the new factions.
LATER START TIME ON SATURDAY - We have decided to kick off on Saturday at 10:30 to give people who are travelling to the event in the morning an extra hour in bed!
PRICE DROP!! - As a result of some clever re-jigging, we have been able to drop the entry price to £30 for two-day tickets (£15 for one day tickets) while still offering a bumper stash of prizes and providing goody bags and quality food.
EVENING SESSION - We will running some extra informal games on Saturday evening for people who want to play C&C along with JUGULA and Muskets & Tomahawk games. And the bar will be open late!

All ticket holders will recieve a FREE GOODY BAG!

Inside, you will find:

An EXCLUSIVE GM Standard Bearer figure that will not be available elsewhere. He will come with a detachable SAGA GM 2014 base so you can either display him on his stand or base him up for use in your warbands.
An EXCLUSIVE SAGA GM 2014 LBMS Banner and shield transfer for use with the GM Standard Bearer.
A set of EXCLUSIVE SAGA GM 2014 Fatigue markers (by 4Ground)
A discount voucher for SAGA purchases on the day (Full Trade Stand in attendance.)

Prices for the event have now been reduced to £30 for both days, and £15 for 1 day

EDIT - 8th May -
Gripping Beast have confirmed that the Grand Melee will definitely go ahead as planned despite the lower then expected ticket sales

also

Steppe Tribes will now be allowed in the Event and have now been promoted to an 'Offical' faction

EDIT - 3rd June -

added a link to the Warband roster sheet above
Lord S of GB

Re: UK SAGA Grand Melee

Postby MikeH » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:31 pm

I hope you see lots of you at the event, I promise you all a good time and fine hospitality in the city of my birth
MikeH

Postby Raedwulf » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Will you be publishing any suggestions for hotel accommodation? I've made the journey from Plymouth to Cardiff before, so I know this is do able for me. I just need to plan where and how long to stay.
Ralph
Raedwulf

Postby MikeH » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:55 pm

good idea Ralph

I'll put together a list of hotels close to Firestorm games and post them here, however for your info Firestorm games is about a 5 min walk from Cardiff Central station so any hotels in the city center are perfect

Mike

PS I would bring a spare liver as there are a lot of good pubs very close to the venue :o
MikeH

Re: UK SAGA Grand Melee 2014

Postby MikeH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:19 am

As promised here are a list of hotels within 10 min walking distance of Firestorm games

See https://www.google.co.uk/hotels/?gl=GB& ... 93590;av=r

Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff
Station Approach, Saunders Rd, Cardiff CF10 1RH
www.sleeperz.com
029 2047 8747

Maldron Hotel Cardiff
St Mary St, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 1GD
www.maldronhotelcardiffcity.com
029 2066 8866

Travelodge
Imperial Gate, St Mary's Street, Cardiff CF10 1FA
www.travelodge.co.uk
0871 984 6224

Cardiff Marriott Hotel
Mill Ln, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 1EZ
www.marriott.co.uk
029 2039 9944

Radisson Blu Hotel Cardiff
Meridian Gate, Bute Terrace, Cardiff CF10 2FL
www.radissonblu.co.uk
029 2045 4777

The Big Sleep Hotel
Bute Terrace, Cardiff CF10 2FE
www.thebigsleephotel.com
029 2063 6363

Royal Hotel Cardiff
88 St Mary St, Cardiff CF10 1DW
www.royalhotelcardiff.com
029 2055 0750

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre Hotel
Mary Ann St, Cardiff CF10 2JH
www.parkinn.co.uk
029 2034 1441

Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre (previously Etap Hotel)
Tyndall Street, Cardiff CF10 4BE
www.accorhotels.com
029 2045 8131

Hotel Novotel Cardiff Centre
Schooner Way, Cardiff CF10 4RT
www.novotel.com
029 2113 2800
MikeH

Postby MarkB » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Hi Mike

sounds good, a few questions
- what is the logic behind allowing Crescent & Cross factions but not Steppe Tribes? Curious as to why steppe Tribes have been singled out as not permitted
- are terrain pieces being provided
- in the Clash of Champions narrative its states "At the end of the sixth round, work out Slaughtering Victory Pints" I am a bit concerned that have too many pints Saturday morning may impact the quality of play in the rest of the games!

cheers

Mark
MarkB

Postby MikeH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:20 pm

MarkB wrote:Hi Mike
sounds good, a few questions

Hi Mark
I'll do what i can to answer the questions, however Martin Gibbons it actually running the event I'm only an umpire ;)

MarkB wrote:- what is the logic behind allowing Crescent & Cross factions but not Steppe Tribes? Curious as to why steppe Tribes have been singled out as not permitted
Mark

we wanted to keep the faction to those available in the released books or by GB directly, so unfortunately that means the Steppe tribes cant be used as they were published in a magazine

MarkB wrote:- are terrain pieces being provided

yes all terrain will be provided and the tables will possibly be set up before the games start (but I need to confirm that with Martin who is organizing everything)

MarkB wrote:- in the Clash of Champions narrative its states "At the end of the sixth round, work out Slaughtering Victory Pints" I am a bit concerned that have too many pints Saturday morning may impact the quality of play in the rest of the games!

or it might make you a better player, why not give it a go and see what happens :lol:
MikeH

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:10 pm

The top three players will have their entry fees to the continental Grand Melee offered by Studio Tomahawk.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby TomF » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:13 pm

Wow that's awesome! Definitely entering now :)
TomF

Re: UK SAGA Grand Melee 7th & 8th June 2014

Postby Warboss » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Can not believe that only one ticket as gone for this event what's going on! :o
Warboss

Next

Return to Challenge to Battle