Welcome
Welcome to studiotomahawk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Canoes?

Here you can discuss campaigns, scenarios and alternative settings for M&T

Canoes?

Postby Tony Scott » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Have any of you guys used canoes in your games? I'm thinking of buying those nice Conquest Canoes at FIASCO on Sunday but wonder how much use I will get out of them?

Cheers

Tony.
Tony Scott

Re: Canoes?

Postby truscott trotter » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Yup use them a fair bit - prob one game in three
They really annoy my opponents as they are a disctraction being able to come in from any river side.
I have 1 big one from Redoubt and 2 smaller ones from Irregualr. I will be getting another Redoubt one as it holds 6 men - means you can travel 12" if you have to .
Also means you have a whole unit in one canoe.
Just avoid being shot at by artillery :D
I think I have started a naval arms race as other players are now thinking of buying boats :o
truscott trotter

Postby SgtTristan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:20 am

I just got two canoes from Warlord and I'm painting them up. Judging by the rules the canoes are useful. But the other thing is you need rivers to make it work :D
But still I'd say go for it and but them :).

Cheers,
Tristan.
SgtTristan

Postby pyruse » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:11 am

Used a canoe in the last game. I have one of the Redoubt ones which comes with 6 Indian crew (4 with paddles, two waving muskets around).
They look very cool, and are actually quite useful as they move so fast, although things could get interesting if you roll up "Nobody suspected the strong current of the waterway" as a random event.
pyruse

Postby truscott trotter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:53 pm

The thing I wanted to try is to cruise past at 4" per tun shooting bows with 4 of the crew - each of the 4 action phases
truscott trotter

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:24 am

"I don't know.... What's Canoe with you?"
Sven

Postby RazorMind » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:19 pm

threadomancy!

I am getting a few painted up, want to do a Canoe chase over a long stretch of river, anyone ever do this? suggestions to make it interesting?
RazorMind

Return to The trading post