Welcome
Welcome to studiotomahawk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Javelins and Assault at Dawn

Where rules questions are asked and answered

Re: Javelins and Assault at Dawn

Postby TooBoCu » Sun May 14, 2017 10:58 pm

pogo wrote:
ducat wrote:... So a large based figure can end up within m on deployment. ...

as the marker has to be 40mm does that mean that a standard foot base of 25mm placed at the center will put it out of M (and javelin) range ?

Alex (the other one)

I would assume that to be true, and John confirmed it. I'm not sure if that was in dispute. But for smaller based units, could they deploy the remaining units where the M range ruler touches itself and the model that was M away and discovered it.

So then a 40mm based unit would be exactly M away, and therefore in range of javelins and C bows.

And of course, by strict reading of the rules, <40mm based units would be autokilled...ouch.
TooBoCu

Postby ducat » Fri May 19, 2017 10:31 pm

pogo wrote:
ducat wrote:... So a large based figure can end up within m on deployment. ...

as the marker has to be 40mm does that mean that a standard foot base of 25mm placed at the center will put it out of M (and javelin) range ?

Alex (the other one)

Yes a unit with a base less than 40mm will be outside of M of the unit that revealed it.

The moving unit stops at exactly M from the counter.

The first figure of the revealed unit is placed in the center of the counter.

This means if the figure is on a 39mm base it will be at M + 1mm away from the moved unit (so not within M), if It is on a 50mm base it will be at M - 10mm away (so within M)

The rest of the figures in the unit are placed no closer than M from any enemy unit or marker.

This means they may not be placed within M from any enemy unit or marker. Note that this does not apply to the first figure placed on the center of the counter That figure alone may be within M if it is on a larger base.

For me the moral of this is: expose your units with big bases yourself if the enemy have Javelins. At least then you will have some Saga dice to play with...This can be especially useful for your warlord who generates two saga dice.
ducat
Rules Mastermind

Postby ducat » Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 pm

TooBoCu wrote:
And of course, by strict reading of the rules, <40mm based units would be autokilled...ouch.

This does not apply to the first figure deployed, it only applies to the rest of the figures in the unit.

I think this seems to be what is causing the confusion.
ducat
Rules Mastermind

Postby TooBoCu » Sun May 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Cheers! That makes it all a lot clearer now. :D

And I agree, just expose any unit with a =/<40mm base!
TooBoCu

Previous

Return to Training Ground