Welcome
Welcome to studiotomahawk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Southern Grand Melee Results - CanCon, Australia

Where Saga and Muskets & Tomahawks events are announced and challenges are issued.

Southern Grand Melee Results - CanCon, Australia

Postby craigjwoodfield » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:44 am

Last weekend was the annual SAGA Grand Melee at CanCon here in Canberra, Australia.

Numbers were down on last year, and illness and a car accident robbed us of some participants at the last moment, but in the end 15 players lined up for 4 games on the day.
There was a good spread of armies, with 4 from C&C and Romans from Aetius & Arthur.

The top players were:
1. Pip, fielding Mutatawwi'a on 20 Tournament Points.
2. Tom, fielding Skraelings on 19 TPs.
3. Paul, with his Spanish, on 18.
4. Gus (Vikings) and Kiaran (Crusaders), each on 14.

Competition was fierce but friendly, and thanks to Studio Tomahawk and War & Peace Games, there were plenty of prizes.

SAGA is still doing very well here in Australia, and we expect to do it again next year.

Cheers

CW
craigjwoodfield

Re: Southern Grand Melee Results - CanCon, Australia

Postby Chucknuckle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:03 am

Thanks for running the event mate, I enjoyed our game in the last round :) I have to admit I totally forgot about the requirement for a unit to be 4 models strong to claim a table quarter until you pointed out that there was only one scoring unit left on the table! A shame GB couldn't get their act together and get the Grand Melee models out in time, but then I've been waiting for the Northern Fury supplement to come back into print since... May last year?

At any rate, I had a good weekend and all things being equal will be making the trip up from Vic next year :) We'd certainly be happy to see some Canberra faces at Ragnarok in September!
Chucknuckle

Re: Southern Grand Melee Results - CanCon, Australia

Postby AdrianE » Fri May 19, 2017 5:08 am

CW I was just wondering if there will be a Southern Grand Melee in 2018

I would love to be involved.

I have played Saga intensively for a couple years now but only with close mates, i would love to play Saga in a more public setting though.

Ps Chucknuckle when and where is Ragnarok being held???
AdrianE

Return to Challenge to Battle