Welcome
Welcome to studiotomahawk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Irish Troubles

Where general questions that don’t fit into any other area are asked

Re: Irish Troubles

Postby ninja-elbow » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:03 pm

Played another Norman vs. Irish (using C&C scenario... the first one... where you just score slaughter points and need to win by 3 I believe) game last weekend. Admittedly, my buddy playing Irish doesn't have full handle on them yet but he's a good player in general.

I played with William the ******* and had a unit of crossbow warriors and archer warriors. Using William's abilities I shot up the Irish good. I never committed my Norman Deathstar until the very end but that attack sort of flopped, and the Irish were able to rally and pull a draw. Basically I handed him the points.

Them javelin volleys are a pain in the butt (when they work)!

The main thing that I noticed was that all my Normans were at a lesser armor (crossbows, archers, mounted) and all his Irish had javelins and took advantage of that. That said, I had 2 ranged units that were some-what effective against the lower Irish armor to shooting. IT's got me thinking... :idea:
ninja-elbow

Re: Irish Troubles

Postby johnmuc » Wed May 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Very good discusssion! Thanks!
johnmuc

Previous

Return to The Meeting Hut