Welcome
Welcome to studiotomahawk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

King Phillip's War

Here you can discuss campaigns, scenarios and alternative settings for M&T

King Phillip's War

Postby ottokar prohaska » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:42 pm

I am working on M and T for King Phillip's War (1675-1676). Modifications that I am looking at so far are
No Regulars
No Firing Line
Irregulars will be rare
Indians will have less muskets (more to do with not having a source of gunpowder)

What are people's thoughts?
ottokar prohaska

Re: King Phillip's War

Postby charlescab » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:31 pm

sounds fun! Id love to hear more
charlescab

Postby Mindenbrush » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:17 pm

I am also working towards a King Philip's War game at Historicon this year and have made the following changes:
No regulars except the Military Leader
Settlers are irregulars with a unit of 'rangers' (ex-soldiers) classed as elite and 2 units of 'County Guard' - based on the Provincials abilities.
Militia are armed with 50% musket and 50% pike - new melee factor added for the pike in the 1st round of combat.
Indians have 50% bows or other weapons such as spears to reduce the number of muskets - this also increases their ability to remain hidden as arrows do not make a noise or produce clouds of powder smoke.
I have also simplified or deleted some specific rules to make it more of a multi player convention game.
Mindenbrush

Postby Warwick West » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:41 am

Sound interesting, I just did a quick read and this war looks very suitable, what figs are you using for the colonials ? And good luck at historicon.
Warwick West

Postby charlescab » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:25 pm

I will be at historicon, how can I get in on the game!
charlescab

Postby Mindenbrush » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:01 pm

For the 'Rangers' and the 'County Guard' I used the Brigade figures and added a couple of slightly modified Warlord ECW Irish musketeers for variety. The Militia was made up of Warlord Clubman Militia and CLubmen with Pikes & Muskets packs plus the odd Front Rank figure. Civilians were a mix of Foundry, Front Rank, Warlord and Perry.
My Game "Skirmish at Westridge Farm, Plimoth County won an HMGS PELA Award at Historicon :-)
Mindenbrush

Postby Paul of the Man Cave » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:51 am

My son (14yrs) has just been studying King Philip's War and is keen to play out some actions on the tabletop.
Could I have some more details please?
Congratulations on the award - I found some pics on Google and it looked fantastic!
Paul of the Man Cave
Canberra Australia
http://tasmancave.blogspot.com.au/
Paul of the Man Cave

Postby Mindenbrush » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:41 am

Paul of the man cave - are you still looking for information?

It has been a while since I looked on the M&T page - got sucked into SAGA :shock:
Mindenbrush

Postby Mindenbrush » Thu May 04, 2017 4:29 pm

My new KPW game - Aquinnah Village, the rescue of Mary Hawkins - had it's first run out at Hotlead 2017. A couple of small points to adjust but the players had a good time and a lot of laughs at various antics.
Attachments
IMG_20170325_184454.jpg
IMG_20170325_184454.jpg (808.26 KiB) Viewed 273 times
Mindenbrush

Return to The trading post