Welcome
Welcome to studiotomahawk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Battle board pack

Where general questions that don’t fit into any other area are asked

Re: Battle board pack

Postby pyruse » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:00 am

Offering the rules for free makes sense if you are selling a (usually very expensive) range of miniature to go with the game.
Saga can be played with any suitable historical minis. Studio Tomahawk don't sell minis.
If Studio Tomahawk gave away the rules and boards, they would make nothing at all.
You don't need the C&C book if you are going to play Normans - just buy the original book.
pyruse

Postby ducat » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:21 am

You have access to the same rules as the c and c ones if you buy the standard dark ages rules and download the latest faq from the Armoury section of the forum. All the changes are in there. (there are not really that many in reality)

If you consider costing a price of something like £2.00 for each battleboard (which is a very low estimate I believe) then I would say all the rulebooks are actually also very cheap myself.
ducat
Rules Mastermind

Postby Caesar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:05 am

How about a collector's edition 6th (?) anniversary battleboard pack, with revamped artwork? ;-)
Caesar

Postby Einherjer » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:22 am

Caesar wrote:How about a collector's edition 6th (?) anniversary battleboard pack, with revamped artwork? ;-)

Would be very nice!
Einherjer

Postby Chucknuckle » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:09 am

I'd like to see a grand compendium, with all the rules updated and clarified, the errata changes added in print, all the battleboards (maybe given a re-vamp as you say) and incorporating all the different factions. A nice, thick, hardback book.

Or maybe do it as a two-fer. A rules manual, including a second draft of the AotW rules, the A&A rules, etc as well as a faction book containing all the rules for every faction, every sword for hire, mercenary, the Revenants, the Byzantines, Steppe Tribes etc all in one place.

And maybe a separate 'gamers edition' rulebook, a cheap, no-frills, A5 sized softback rulebook containing only the rules references, such as you might find for Kings of War or Warhammer.
Chucknuckle

Previous

Return to The Meeting Hut