Welcome
Welcome to studiotomahawk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

West Midlands SAGA tournament - 25th Feb 2017 - UK

Where Saga and Muskets & Tomahawks events are announced and challenges are issued.

Re: West Midlands SAGA tournament - 25th Feb 2017 - UK

Postby cchurchill » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi Ducat, It is in fact 6. So you can be boring. The main reason it is included in the scenario is that some players feel that it helps to go first and if you really want to go first then you can bid a lower number.

Chris.
cchurchill

Postby Pepys » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:59 pm

We will be recording some audio for the Northern Tempest podcast at the tournament. Anyone is welcome to come and have a chat about saga related stuff and we'll edit it into the podcast later. Not sure how much time we'll have so there's no formal plan for content.
Thanks
Joe.
Pepys

Postby cchurchill » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:37 am

Many Thanks to everyone for making this such a good day again and I hope to see you all next year.
Just for the record, this is a summary of the results.
Name Faction Rank List ofWinners
Andy Lyon Stathclyde 1 1st - Overall winner
Chris Rogers 2 2nd - Overall winner
Richard Hardy Irish 3 3rd - Overall winner
Mark Birch Anglo Saxon 4 5th - Village Pillage winner
Alan Ainsworth Irish 5 4th - Battle at the Ford winner
Joe Messenger Vikings 6
Christopher Ainsworth Norse Gales 7
Chris Churchill Stathclyde 8
Andrew Smith Irish 9
David Mather Stathclyde 10
Karl Farell Norse Gales 11 7th - Champions of God winner
James Joynson Anglo-Danes 12
Nick Brown Irish 13
Matthew Ainsworth 14
Gareth Parfitt Anglo Saxon 15 6th - Battle for the Hoard winner
Ian Gilbraith Anglo Danes 16
John Fry (ducat) 17
Tracy Beech Normans 18
Zoe Hammond Vikings 19
Collette Yates Scots 20
Steve Taylor 21
Nick Shaw Anglo Saxon 22
cchurchill

Postby MarkB » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:54 am

Chris

thanks for another excellent event. Congratulations to Andy & the other prize winners. I had 4 great games. Having not played joe for ages it was ironic that we then met twice on the same day.

Getting 22 players is a great achievement. I know that it is down on last year but most tournaments operate around the 8-12 mark.

I think that the reduced factions worked well. Of the 10 permitted factions I think the only one that I did not see was Breton.

Mark
MarkB

Postby Pepys » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Thanks for organising Chris. I enjoyed all my games although felt fortunate not to face much enemy shooting!
My Vikings were nearly wiped out twice by Mark's Anglo-Saxons but the games finished satisfyingly close at the end. One day I might actually beat him....

It was an interesting change to play with the reduced number of factions but I was happy to do something different. Already looking forward to playing some games with the new factions.

We didn't get chance to record much for the podcast but will put something together with a review and battle reports in the new few days.
Pepys

Postby madaxeman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Given the location (and umpire!) it would be great to see some of you back again in June for the BHGS CHallenge @ UK Games Expo in the NEC!
madaxeman

Previous

Return to Challenge to Battle