Welcome
Welcome to studiotomahawk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Fun FIW wargaming with friends and family

Returning war parties will post here their battle reports

Fun FIW wargaming with friends and family

Postby RazorMind » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:51 pm

Had a great day of wargaming all day with friends and family. Thanks to Matt,Jando, Mark K., and my daughter Megan for some fun Muskets and Tomahawks wargaming.

We played two scenarios. The first one started out with some British Rangers and reluctant Indian Allies scouting about the woods ensuring the nearby settlement was safe from any hostilities. Of course, a large contingent of Cour de Bois and Huron were moving in to raid the settlement beyond the river. The Rangers of course are surprised by the scouting forces of the French and thier allies. After a hard battle, only the Rangers remained to warn the settlement of the coming attack. All they had to do was cross that river beyond and they were home free.

The Ranger officer tells his men to cover him as he makes it across the river to warn the settlement

The Settlement warned, they prepare for the coming attack

The French creep to the outskirts preparing to attack

and they commence battle by firing all their muskets!

Much volley of fire from both sides was telling on both sides, the Ranger Officer decides that he needs to show his men what Bravery and Courage are really like, he boldly goes out and taunts the French and Indian lines!

and pays the Ultimate Price for his Brav... umm, foolishness as the French irregulars concentrate fire on him

The raid truly begins now as the lines are pressed back and the French begin the burning of homes and wholesale slaughter of civilians. My daughter played a contingent of bloodthirsty savages and she revelled in the slaughter, at one point I told her you realize there were children in that hut you burned down, she just said well they were British children. what have I raised? lol

The French were merciless, sadly many Brits died that day and the French won the day

One of the Frenchies gloating over his master plan coming together
RazorMind

Re: Fun FIW wargaming with friends and family

Postby truscott trotter » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:52 am

Great looking game - good to see your daughter is a good Couer De Bois :D
truscott trotter

Postby RazorMind » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:07 am

Thanks! She had a great time. We all did, now to paint up some canoes for a future game of canoe chase down a raging river haha
RazorMind

Postby truscott trotter » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:40 pm

I really like the Redoubt canoe heres a (poor) piccie of it in action - along with my Bear in action
truscott trotter

Postby RazorMind » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:15 am

Nice, I actually ended up ordering Warlord Canoes. Did not even think about redoubt. If I need more i may go cheaper and do Old Glory. Once they are in and we give it a go I will post up pics. Now to wait on the mail, hah
RazorMind

Postby duke1066 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:15 pm

Looks great!
duke1066

Return to War parties