Welcome
Welcome to studiotomahawk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forthcoming Supplements?

Where the designs of new factions (official and homebrewed) and the forthcoming supplements are discussed

Forthcoming Supplements?

Postby Nick the Lemming » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:42 pm

What are we likely to see, when, and how often are we likely to see them?

I know there are another batch of battleboards and lists on the way, any idea when we're likely to see them? What form will they take (another book, pdf, battleboard, dice sets?) Are we likely to see a single battleboard and list, or a collection of 4 or more altogether? Are you planning a book on dogs of war, or on special character warlords, or will they appear as extras in other supplements? Are there any other type of supplements you're thinking of? Will there be any extra warlords etc for current (Norman, Viking etc) lists?
Nick the Lemming

Re: Forthcoming Supplements?

Postby Admin » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:57 pm

I add to the list of your questions another one: What's the meaning of life? :mrgreen:

There's stuff in the pipeline. We will make a proper announcement in due time, and describe what we are planning for the future of Saga, but let's wait at least till people get their rulebook and have played a couple of games. At the moment, many stuff is written, currently playtested or ready, but we need to think about a proper release schedule.

Not very helpful I know, but as a gamer I've learnt to be very cautious with companies that announces more than they release and I prefer to spend my time answering rules questions and designing new stuff rather that answering the ton of questions that any announcement about new supplement would generate.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nick the Lemming » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:24 pm

No, problem, I completely understand. :) Just wondering when we are likely to see more stuff, and what form it will take. Eagerly waiting the main book to arrive, which will probably be a while since we're in Canada, so wondering in the meantime.
Nick the Lemming

Postby alanrey25j » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Would certainly like to see a Battleboard and dice for Scottish Army list, refight the Battle of Dunnichen, King Bruidhe of the Picts etc. :D
alanrey25j

Postby CooperSteve » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:43 am

I really like the look of SAGA (My gaming buddy & I already play the LEGENDS stable) including classic dark age battles, but I also have a yearning to play Baltic Crusades one day & these could be ideal...
CooperSteve

Postby CptKremmen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:57 am

My vote would have to go to the 1st Crusade.... I love all the colour of the period.

Dark age is just full of mud. If I remember the quote correctly only the king isn't covered in sh*t :)

Andy
CptKremmen

Postby peter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:58 am

And the Crusaders are covered in dust. I too am looking to expand Saga to the Mediterranean... perhaps El Cid would be an appropriate area? Fewer pesky horse archers; knights, horse and foot javelin men, fanatical Berbers - what's not to like?

Peter
peter

Postby CptKremmen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:35 pm

El Cid sounds great, though outside of spain is it a very popular period? I have to say that apart from the great movie my knowledge of the Reconquista up until the end of the 15th century is very lilmited, and I am not that enthusiastic to learn. The Crusades touched a wider number of countries. Knights came from all the christian countries and i imagine muslim forces from many middle eastern countries also fought on their side.
CptKremmen

Postby alanrey25j » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:40 pm

Reconquista?
Avalanche Press do a great game covering this subject, Granada, the fall of Muslim Spain.
Great game, components etc.
Rec'd my Saga order yesterday, love it already.
alanrey25j

Postby John Paul » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:27 pm

I think it would work really well for Japan is the Samurai era
John Paul

Next

Return to The Laboratory